You’re planning a spectacular wedding day but you want memories of the occasion to last a lifetime. Who doesn’t? Key in making that happen is your photographer. They are there for every moment and are expected to catch every detail — from formal group photos to those impromptu moments. Communication is key! The more direction you give them, the better the results. Here are some handy talking points you should have:
1) Tell them what they should wear. Your photographer should not stand out among your guests.
2) Provide them with an order of service, so they know what is happening and when so they’re sure to be there.
3) Provide your photographer with a ‘face sheet’ (photos of key attendees and their names). That way, they will know who the important people are and make sure that they get photographed the most.
4) If you want big group shots, including the entire wedding (guests and all), let the photographer know in advance, as these will take longer to organize.
5) Let your photographer know if any of your guests have mobility restrictions, so that benches and seats can be organized if needed for certain shots.
6) Ask your photographer to take pictures of all the little details you’ve worked so hard over! This could mean anything from the favors and elaborate seating cards, to the flower centerpieces on every table.
7) Tell your photographer if there is a specific location where you would like to be photographed (on a bridge, underneath a gorgeous tree, walking down a grand staircase), so that he or she can leave enough time for these shots, especially if lighting needs to be adjusted.
Your wedding is one of the biggest milestones in your life. Make sure you’ve done justice to it – by capturing all of its special moments for you to enjoy for years to come! Ashten Weddings offers exceptional photography and videography services to not only meet, but exceed, your expectations. We’ve got the experience, the passion and the artistry to make your wedding memories last a lifetime! For more information on our services, give us a call today.